This Green Burial Urn urn is completely handmade here in Devon, England. Made from solid oak from wood that shows off its natural character and beauty. Finished with beeswax made from the craftsman’s own bees using an old family recipe which is completely natural. The craftsman has made an urn specifically for green / environmentally conscious burials:
Green Burial Urn
- Handmade making then truly unique.
- Made in Devon, UK.
- The oak is from a sustainable source.
- Ideal for natural burial grounds, because it has absolutely no metalwork (hinges or clasps), plus the top slides on and off and is held in place with an oak peg;
- The joints are dowelled with wooden rods, with a very small amount of glue.
- They are beautiful to look at and or kept as long as you wish before the service.
- Polished smooth, finished with a beeswax made from the craftsman’s own bees using his very own, completely natural, recipe.
Dimensions: H–150mm, L-325mm, W-190mm.
Capacity: Suitable for the ashes of one adult*.
*If you would like this design made to accommodate two sets of ashes let us know and can arrange this for an extra charge.
100% Biodegradable Green Burial Urn
This beautiful wooden urn is specifically designed for burial, you can feel totally reassured that by placing your loved one’s ashes into the Yarner wooden urn and then burying it, it will start to naturally biodegrade allowing the gentle release of ashes back into the soil.
For help with finding a natural burial ground see the Natural Death Centre’s list of natural burial grounds
For Delivery information please click here.
As these beautiful items are completely handmade please allow 6 – 8 weeks for delivery. If you need the item for a specific date please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will speak to the carpenter involved and do our best to arrange this for you.