Companion Natural Burial Urn: Wistman
A companion natural burial urn, for the ashes of two people. The solid oak that shows off its character and beauty. Completely handmade in Devon, England by our local craftsman.
This companion wooden cremation urn is truly unique. With smooth curving lines it is both subtle and stylish. Choose your finish from either Danish natural oil for a rich sheen or wax from the carpenter’s own bees for a more subtle sheen.
We can also provide you with an ashes bag hand sewn in Devon for a small additional charge, this is helpful if you want to potentially move the ashes at a later date. Please note these bags may not be suitable for all natural burial grounds.
You can also choose an inscription of up to 70 characters directly inscribed onto the wood.
Companion Natural Burial Urns
- They are handmade and truly unique.
- Made in Devon here in the UK
- Polished smooth, then finished with a beeswax made from the craftsman’s own bees using his very own, completely natural, recipe.
- Suitable for most natural burial sites- absolutely no metalwork (hinges or clasps) – the top slides on and off and is held in place with an oak peg.
- Beautiful to look at, keep them as long as you wish before the service.
- Made with dowelled joints, using a tiny amount of glue.
Capacity: 480 cubic inches / 7.9 Litres- suitable for the ashes of two adults.
If you would like this design made to accommodate a one set of ashes please order the Yarner.
Natural wooden urns made in England support rural craftspeople and artisans.
This beautiful wooden urn is specifically designed for burial, you can feel totally reassured that by placing your loved one’s ashes into the Wistman wooden urn and then burying it, it will start to naturally biodegrade allowing the gentle release of ashes back into the soil.
For help with finding a natural burial ground see the Natural Death Centre’s list of natural burial grounds
As these beautiful items are completely handmade please allow 4 – 6 weeks for delivery. If you need the item for a specific date please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will speak to the carpenter involved and do our best to arrange this for you.