Introducing Sonal Dave – Hindu Celebrant
Losing a loved one is one of the hardest journeys that we will face in life. There can be so many expectations and lots of voices telling you what to do, when to do it, how to do it and the list is just endless. Sometimes there is no one to turn to and you need to find that person who can help you, especially as you yourself have your own roller coaster of emotions to work through.
My name is Sonal, and I am a Hindu Celebrant who understands the expectations and can work with you to help you decide what you would like to do. This may be religious or a more spiritual farewell.
My role is to listen to your ideas and share thoughts on options. Together we create a final farewell that is symbolic and respectful to the departed.
This list of what can be included is not a final list. You may have your own ideas and I would be happy to listen to them and see how we could make them happen.
Readings – This can be from a holy book, a book that was loved, a poem or a song
Music – This can be recorded music or live musicians. I have my own musicians.
Singing – If its live music, I can sing prayers and if it’s a song, bhajan or hymn I know, I would be happy to sing it for you
Conducting a Puja Ceremony, including:
- Camphor is widely used in Hindu religious ceremonies. as Hindus worship the holy flame by burning camphor. We can light a diva with camphor.
- Loban Incense (Agarbathi) – We can light an Agarbathi, circle it around the area and say a prayer
- Guggal (Gokul) – creates a spiritual atmosphere, it is used with ghee and burned in full flame fire. It has a lovely fragrance but can be too much for people with allergies.
- Unity Candle – depending on how many people you can all light a candle each and then when you have placed the urn in the water, and you are ready you each blow out your candle.
- Biodegradable Urn – we can place this in the water. either one person or together hands touching the urn or each other’s shoulders.
- Floating Candles which are biodegradable
- Dry Flowers
I am based in London, but can travel to suit your needs.